Each year, the Council of Ontario University Programs in Nursing (COUPN) celebrates achievements and advancements made in university nursing education and scholarship through its annual COUPN Awards program. The awards are presented to Ontario nursing faculty, students and health programs partners.
COUPN Award Categories
- Agency Recognition Award
This award recognizes an agency/unit/service that has supported the education of university nursing students by providing an environment that supports excellence in practice.
- Award for Excellence in Collaborative Education
This award recognizes excellence in college-university collaborative education by a faculty member from a college who teaches in a collaborative program.
- Clinical Instructor Award
This award recognizes a clinical instructor who has demonstrated outstanding performance in her/his role as a clinical instructor with nursing students. This award publicly acknowledges the essential contributions that a nurse in a clinical instructor role makes to professional nursing education.
- COUPN 10th Anniversary Award for Strategic Contribution to Nursing Education
This award recognizes an individual or group who contributes or has contributed significantly to the vision and mission of COUPN.
- Doctoral Dissertation Award
This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated excellence in nursing research through the completion of her/his dissertation, defended at an Ontario university.
- Excellence in Professional Nursing Practice at the Undergraduate Student Level Award
This award is granted annually to the candidate who has demonstrated excellence in professional nursing practice, leadership, or scholarship as a student in a COUPN baccalaureate nursing program.
- Excellence in Teaching Award
This award recognizes excellence in teaching by a faculty member in a COUPN university program.
- Excellence in University-College Collaboration
This award recognizes demonstrated excellence in university-college collaboration by a faculty member or administrator in a collaborative nursing program.
- Master’s Student Award of Excellence
This award recognizes academic excellence at the Master’s level (thesis or non-thesis) in a Master’s graduate whose academic work demonstrates the potential to contribute significantly to the nursing community and enhance nursing knowledge.
- New Tenure Stream Faculty Contribution Award
This award recognizes the contribution to excellence in teaching by a new tenure stream faculty member in a COUPN School/Faculty.
- Preceptor Recognition Award
This award recognizes a preceptor who has demonstrated outstanding performance in her/his role as a preceptor for a nursing student. This award publicly acknowledges the essential contributions that a nurse in a preceptor and/or mentor role makes to professional nursing education.
- Scholarship into Practice Award
This award recognizes the impact of scholarship on nursing practice by a faculty member in a COUPN university program.
- Teaching Innovation Award
This award recognizes teaching innovation in a baccalaureate or graduate nursing education program, and acknowledges an individual(s) who has made an outstanding contribution to nursing education through teaching innovation.
2017 COUPN Award Winners
- 2017 Award Winners: Profiles
- Statement: Ontario’s Universities Celebrate Excellence in Nursing Education and Scholarship
- BLOG: In Profile: 2017 COUPN Award Winners
- 2017 COUPN Award’s Event Brochure
2016 COUPN Award Winners
- 2016 Award Winners: Profiles
- News Release: 2016 COUPN Awards Recognize Nurses, Students and Educators for Excellence in Nursing Education and Scholarship
- BLOG: Q & A with Jason Kiernan, recipient of the COUPN Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2016 COUPN Award’s Event Brochure