Ontario Research Chairs are prestigious Ontario university research professorships, created to drive provincial research and develop excellence, to create world-class centres of research and to enhance Ontario’s competitiveness in Canada’s knowledge-based economy.
Ontario Research Chairs
Here is a list of the Chairs, their universities, and the current Chair holders:
- Chair in Educational Achievement and At-Risk Youth, McMaster University – Dr. Karen Robson, PhD Applied Social and Economic Research
- Chair in Bioethics, Queen’s University – Dr. Udo Schüklenk, PhD Philosophy/Bioethics
- Chair in Health Policy and System Design, University of Toronto – Dr. Gregory Marchildon, PhD Economic History
- Chair in Biomarkers in Disease Management, University of Toronto – Dr. Andrew Emili, PhD Economics
- Chair in Postsecondary Education Policy and Measurement, University of Toronto – Dr. Ruth Childs, PhD Quantitative Psychology
- Chair in Public Policy for Sustainable Energy Management, University of Waterloo – Dr. Jatin Nathwani, PhD Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry
- Chair in Cross-Border Transportation, University of Windsor – Dr. William Anderson, PhD Geography
- Chair in Economics and Cross Cultural Studies, York University – Dr. Douglas Cumming, Phd Economics and Finance
- Chair in Métis Research, University of Ottawa – Dr. Brenda Macdougall, PhD Native Studies
- Chair in Health Human Resources, McMaster University – Dr. Arthur Sweetman, PhD Economics
Periodically, the Research Chairs gather for public conversations with key collaborators including government policy makers, business leaders, think tank researchers, knowledge brokers, funders and journalists.